What Does an AC Tune-Up Include?
An AC tune-up is a simple cleaning, examining, and maintaining of the complete air conditioning system. The hot weather in California necessitates regular maintenance of your cooling system. It is essential to its effectiveness and the maintenance of lower energy costs.
While it may be more cost-effective to avoid AC maintenance in Whittier, CA, this is the last thing you should do if you want to save money on your cooling system.
AC Tune-Up Checklist
Here’s a list of what has to be done and why:
- Clean the internals of the air conditioner: The condensing unit encompasses the whole outside AC unit. The AC technician will remove the top, including the fan, and clean out any material gathered inside the unit.
- Check the fan’s balance: An unstable fan will not adequately disperse heat. It might potentially generate a lot of noise and finally fail.
- Clean the condensing coil and evaporator coil: Heat is picked up by the indoor coil and released by the outdoor coil when the air conditioner is turned on. When these coils are unclean, heat transfer is reduced, and your air conditioner will not cool your home quickly or correctly.
- Inspect the refrigerant lines and levels, and add refrigerant as necessary: The refrigerant is circulated via the coils and the copper cables that connect them. It is the liquid that absorbs, transports, and excretes heat. The AC leaks if the refrigerant level is low. Before adding refrigerant, the cause of the leak, which is usually a fitting or a tiny hole in the line, must be addressed.
- Examine electrical components: Capacitors and other electronic parts are examined for signs of wear. Changing one of these inexpensive components during the tune-up process may prevent the AC from failing over the hot summer season.
- Wash and flush the drain system: Moisture condenses on the indoor coil, accumulates in a pan, and drains. It makes your home’s air freshener by dehumidifying it. Dirt and moisture that you may expect will eventually result in mold. The “sludge” will clog the drain and cause the condensate to spill. It results in water damage. Cleaning the pan, clearing the drain, and flushing the drain line are all things to be done regularly.
- Clean and adjust the blower assembly: This assembly is in your furnace or air handler. The blower must be set to the proper speed to provide proper airflow for your system and ductwork. If required, it can be tweaked. A non-sealed motor bearing and other mechanical parts will be greased.
- A report is made: The HVAC professional will provide you with a checklist. It might include remarks about the AC system’s condition and what it needs to improve efficiency and performance.
LAC Heating & Air is available 24×7 to respond to your HVAC requirements. Our commitment to customer service, preventative maintenance, air conditioner tune-up, and AC Service Pasadena CA, is always on hand. Request an appointment online or contact us at (562) 724-4607.
You may also receive an estimate for necessary AC repair in Pasadena, CA, such as repairing a refrigerant leak, recharging the system with refrigerant, and repairing leaky ducts, among other things.