What to Do If You’re Air Conditioner Blows out Warm Air
Having your air conditioner blow out warm air on a scorching summer day can be frustrating and uncomfortable. If you find yourself in this predicament, there are a few tasks you can undertake on your own to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue. In this blog post, we will outline seven tasks you can perform to tackle the problem of warm air blowing from your AC unit. However, if these steps do not yield the desired results, LAC Heating & Air provides professional AC service in Lynwood, CA, to ensure their cooling systems function optimally.
- Check The Thermostat Settings
The first step in troubleshooting warm air from your air conditioner is to inspect the thermostat settings. Ensure your thermostat is set to the desired temperature and the cooling mode is activated. Sometimes, incorrect settings or accidental changes can cause warm air to blow from the AC unit.
- Clean Or Replace The Air Filters
Dirty and clogged air filters can significantly restrict airflow, leading to reduced cooling efficiency and the blowing of warm air. Inspect the filters regularly and clean or replace them as necessary. Regular inspection and maintenance will significantly improve the performance of your air conditioner.
- Inspect And Clean The Outdoor Unit
The outdoor unit of your air conditioner can quickly accumulate dirt, debris, and leaves over time, obstructing airflow. Inspect the unit and clean it thoroughly, removing any obstructions. It is crucial to maintain ample space around the unit for proper ventilation.
- Examine The Condensate Drain
A clogged condensate drain can cause water to back up and affect the cooling process. Check the condensate drain for blockages and clear them if needed. A clean drain allows moisture to flow freely, preventing warm air from blowing into your home.
- Inspect And Seal Ductwork
Leaky ductwork can lead to cooled air escaping before it reaches your living space. Check for any visible leaks or disconnected ducts and seal them using appropriate duct tape or mastic. Properly sealed vents ensure that cool air is efficiently delivered throughout your home.
- Verify The Circuit Breaker
A tripped circuit breaker can interrupt the power supply to your air conditioner, causing warm air to blow. Be sure to check the circuit breaker panel and reset any tripped breakers. If the breaker continues to stumble and create issues, it may indicate a more significant electrical problem requiring professional attention.
- Ensure Proper Insulation
Inadequate insulation in your home can allow warm air to infiltrate and affect the efficiency of your air conditioning system. Inspect windows, doors, and other areas where air might escape and consider improving insulation to maintain a calm and relaxed environment.
While the above tasks can help resolve some common issues causing warm air to blow from your AC unit, there are instances where professional assistance is required.
• Low Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can indicate a leak in your AC system. Recharging the refrigerant should only be performed by a licensed professional, as they have the necessary tools and expertise to handle refrigerant safely.
• Faulty Compressor: The compressor is a crucial component responsible for air cooling. If it is malfunctioning or failing, it can result in warm air blowing from your AC unit. Repairs or replacement of the compressor is a complicated task that should be carried out by a trained technician.
• Malfunctioning Thermostat: A faulty thermostat can cause inaccurate temperature readings and improper cooling. An HVAC technician can diagnose and repair the issue or recommend a replacement if necessary.
• Blocked or Damaged Ductwork: Issues with blocked or damaged ductwork can prevent cool air from reaching your living spaces. Professional assistance is required to locate and address these problems effectively. We also provide comprehensive AC replacement in Whittier, CA, to ensure no issue, no matter how big and complicated, will get in the way of your comfort.
• Electrical Problems: Complex electrical systems are involved in air conditioning units. If you suspect an electrical issue, it is essential to contact a professional to avoid any potential safety hazards and ensure proper repair.
Why Choose LAC Heating & Air for Your AC Solutions
At LAC Heating and Air LLC, we pride ourselves on being a trusted air conditioning service provider for homeowners in Lynwood, and Whittier, CA. When you choose us as your go-to HVAC service provider, you can expect exceptional AC service and unmatched expertise. We guarantee efficient and effective solutions for all your cooling needs with our attention to detail, prompt response times, and commitment to using the latest industry techniques and technologies.