Why Is Your House Cold Even With The Heating On?
Heating bills are one of the most expensive parts of owning a home, especially in colder climates. But what happens when your heating system seems to be working overtime, and your home is still cool? If you need help determining the cause of cold drafts in your home, LAC Heating & Air experts can help. We provide heating repair in Pasadena, CA, and the surrounding areas. Reach out to us today for more details.
If your heating unit is on, but your home is still cold, there are a few potential causes. Some of them include the following:
- The air filter is old: If you have an old air filter, it could be full of dust and debris, which will restrict the airflow and make it difficult for your furnace to heat your home. Check the filter every month and replace it as needed.
- Size of the heater: If your heating system is too small, it will not be sufficient to heat your home evenly. It is a common problem in older homes that need to be built with central heating. If this is the case, you may require a new heating system installed by LAC Heating & Air.
- Thermostat: It is common for people to think that their heating system is not working because the furnace is not running. However, the heating unit will only come on if your thermostat is set high enough. We suggest you set your thermostat to 68 degrees in the winter.
- Dirty sockets and vents: When was the last time you vacuumed around your light sockets and vents? If it has been a while, there is a good chance that they are full of dust, which can restrict airflow and make it harder for your heating system to do its job.
- Heating ducts: Check all the heating ducts in your home to ensure that they are clear and that there are no blockages. If there are any blockages, they will need to be removed so that the air can flow freely.
- Cold air leaks inside: If you feel cold air coming into your home, it could be due to gaps and cracks around doors and windows. You can seal these gaps and cracks with weatherstripping or caulk to help keep the heat in and the cold air out.
- Heater maintenance: Like any other appliance, heating systems must be properly maintained to function smoothly. It’s a good idea to get your heating system serviced if it has been a while since the last time it was maintained. It will help to ensure that everything is working evenly and that no issues need to be addressed.
LAC Heating & Air Heating Service
If you have checked all of these things and your heating system still is not working smoothly and efficiently, then it is time to give us a call. At our company, we specialize in heating replacement services in Pasadena, CA, and the surrounding areas to ensure your home stays warm and comfortable. Give us a call today at (562) 724-4607 to schedule an appointment. You can also message us on our Facebook page.